There are plenty of adoption agencies in Pensacola, but how does one find the right adoption agency to help them place their baby with an adoptive family? That’s a great question, and honestly, the answer will be different for everyone. Depending on what you’re looking for, there might be several different adoption agencies in Pensacola that fit your needs.
Three Steps to Finding the Right Adoption Agencies in Pensacola, Florida
Step 1 – Determine Your Needs
Are you a relatively laid-back person? Do you prefer leading life at your own pace? Then maybe you should consider an adoption attorney in Pensacola, rather than an adoption agency. Typically, adoption attorneys give expectant birth mothers more autonomy during their pregnancy than adoption agencies.
Are you a person who likes to be given direction and structure? Then an adoption agency might be the better route. Adoption agencies in Pensacola tend to be more strict towards expectant mothers, often requiring them to follow a unique prenatal care schedule and other things of that nature.
Do you have a really specific idea of what sort of family you’d like to adopt your child? Adoption attorneys can often accommodate a wider range of preferences when it comes to choosing the right adoptive family. Adoption agencies in Pensacola, however, like to stick to their roster of waiting adoptive families. Sometimes these rosters are quite large, but more often than not, they’re quite small and limiting.
Step 2 – Find Several Agencies and Law Firms
Generally, a Google search will help you do this. Simply typing in “Give baby up for adoption Pensacola,” “placing baby for adoption in Pensacola,” or “adoption agencies in Pensacola” will often do the trick. But make sure to read through Google Reviews and to check out their social media pages. You’ll want to work with an adoption entity that has taken the time to fully engage on those platforms. You’ll also want one that has taken the time to dedicate a large part of their website to expectant mothers. That shows that their priority is YOU, not the adoptive families. If you want to find the most respected, experienced and ethical adoption entities, we recommend seeing which ones in your area are listed with a national organization like the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, the Florida Adoption Council, or the Florida Adoption Information Center
Step 3 – Meet Several Attorneys or Adoption Agencies in Pensacola
Now that you’ve determined your needs, consider making a list of three or four adoption agencies and attorneys that fit the bill. Give them a call and ask to sit down to talk about your options. Some of the questions we recommend you ask include:
- Why should I choose to work with you over any of the other adoption agencies in Pensacola?
- Take note of how they compare and contrast their services and operations to other attorneys and agencies. Do they advertise more personal service and support? Do they talk about how many families are on their roster? Do they mention experience and expertise?
- What types of services do you provide to expectant parents? Counseling? Transportation? Help with pregnancy-related expenses?
- Who would be my main contact? What’s the process of requesting and receiving help with pregnancy-related expenses?
- Asking this is a great way to figure out who would be your main contact throughout the entire process, and how complicated it might be for you to receive the financial help you need during your pregnancy. Adoption agencies in Pensacola can be big and bureaucratic. However, working with a small law firm or adoption attorney can result in a more direct line of communication and more prompt support.
- How much choice do I have in choosing the right adoptive family for my baby? If I don’t like any of the adoptive families you show to me, will you help me find the perfect one?
- This is so important. Finding the right adoptive family can be challenging sometimes, but when you’re working with a really great adoption agency or attorney, they’ll do everything in their power to find you the perfect match. Make sure to find out if the adoption agency or attorney is willing to go outside of their roster to help find you a good match.
Considering adoption in Pensacola? Looking for adoption agencies in Pensacola?
The Adoption Law Offices of Madonna M. Finney would be glad to talk with you. Facing an unplanned pregnancy alone is never easy, but you don’t have to do this all by yourself. We could also help you sort through your pregnancy options, explain the adoption process, and answer any adoption questions you may have at this time. Feel free to reach out. Our team is here for you 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, each day of the week.